This course describes the architecture, components, operations and security for large and complex networks including wide area network (WAN) technologies. The course emphasizes network security concepts and introduces network virtualization and automation. Students learn how to configure, troubleshoot and secure enterprise network devices, and understand how application programming interfaces (API) and configuration management tools enable network automation.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Configure single-area OSPFv2 in both point-to-point and multiaccess networks.
- Explain how to mitigate threats and enhance network security using access control lists and security best practices.
- Implement standard IPv4 ACLs to filter traffic and secure administrative access.
- Configure NAT services on the edge router to provide IPv4 address scalability.
- Explain techniques to provide address scalability and secure remote access for WANs.
- Explain how to optimize, monitor and troubleshoot scalable network architectures.
- Explain how networking devices implement Quality of Service (QoS).
- Implement protocols to manage the network.
- Explain how technologies such as virtualization, software defined networking and automation affect evolving networks.